Wednesday 31 December 2014

Why ollywood film industry seriously needs an engineering student

So basically I am an engineering student in the first year of the self imposed punishment I gave myself when i decided to pursue a B.Tech degree. As you see I have plenty of free time to start writing blogs. I even have access to free internet in my hostel which basically is the reason I can download Humshakals and then decide not to watch it. But I am not here to complain about the problems in my life right now. So I am from Odisha and trust me though strange enough Odia people aren't stereotyped. So I had never watched a Odia movie before I came to my engineering college. And so I finally decided to finally watch one. Instead i ended up watching two, not because i was interested but because i wanted to write down this blog. And if you are wondering where did i watch those 2 amazingly ridiculous remakes of bollywood and tollywood movies, Youtube is the place to go.

So i started by watching a movie named 'Nari Nuhe Tu Narayani' which translates to 'You are not a woman you are Lord Durga' and trust me it's not a mythological movie. So the synopsis of the movie is like there is this rich man who meets a girl falls in love and marries her. So the girl after moving into her husband's palatial bungalow witnesses her husband's younger brother raping the maid servant. Her husband's family tries to supress the issue but the heroine goes to the police and takes the case to court as a result of which she is declared mentally unstable and sent to mental institution( obviously not a JEE preparation coaching centre). So this girl escapes, runs into a lawyer who agrees to reopen the case. You would be wondering what's so funny about the film. What if i told you the synopsis of this movie is same as Meenakshi Sheshadri and Sunny Deol starrer Damini-Lighting. Yup the same movie in which Sunny Deol instead of saying 'Tarikh raised to the power 4' had these legendary lines  'Tarikh pe tarikh, tarikh pe tarikh'. And trust me even this line is copied and the actor who plays Sunny Deol's equivalent role says that just this time the lines are in Odia.

The next movie i watched was 'Suna Chadei Mo Rupa Chadei' which translates to 'Golden Bird my Silver Bird' by which you maybe thinking it maybe a movie about a cheating goldsmith who uses silver in making his jewellery instead of gold. However in stark contrast to your thoughts it's about a NRI who falls in love with his sister's friend who is from the countryside. Enter the girl's wrestler like brother and asks the boy to complete a set of tasks which the boy completes with help from the girl but that's not the end enter the villains in form a guy with whom the girl was promised to be married off to. Then the hero and heroine's brother deal with the goon and then there is this happy ending where hero and heroine marry. Sounds familiar, right? Exactly it's the copy of 'Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana', a telugu romantic film directed by Prabhu Deva and if you have no idea what I am talking about and you are as jobless as me you could watch 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya'.

You must be wondering like what can a engineering student do if most of the ollywood movies are remakes. Heard a famous quote 'The right way to do assignments is doing them the engineering student way". Exactly make sure you copy but atleast copy them from 3-4 sources so that no one finds out the actual source. And if you think i am thinking about getting into Ollywood film industry "FEK IU"...

9 comments:

  1. ROFL!! & trust me I read the whole blog !! B|

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL ... but a super post !! Don't mind .. but i didn't get the idea behind this post !!?? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the idea is dat most odia people dont watch odia films cause dey r remakes...an engineering studnt on the oder hand can help chnge dis scenario

      Delete
  3. Excellent sense of comparison (Y)... Lol seriously. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhai, u should seriously go for Mass Comm. Watt lag jayegi kitno ki 🙏😂😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent sense of comparison (Y)... Lol seriously. .

    ReplyDelete