Friday 2 October 2015

What Happens in a Lift Stays in a lift.

Hi I am Pratyutpanna K. Rout and those of you don't know me I am 6.3 feet tall. Yeah you can go ahead and crack your lame jokes about how I probably had an over dose of Complan or how I won't be able to kiss my girlfriend. But one thing I will be better at than you guys is climbing stairs and several other things but I won't talk about them.

When I say I am good at using stairs I mean I can climb two-three when you struggle to do that. That's one of the reasons I prefer stairs to lifts. But there are other reasons why I hate lifts. Remember the last time you used a lift at a mall? And regretted the decision of getting into the lift instead of taking the stairs. Probably because it was too crowded. I will tell you several more reasons why you regretted that decision.

So your decision culminates in to action with you being lazy and probably wanting to save time by using the lift. So you walk up to the lift and press the button. And you just don't press the button once, you keep pressing it after time intervals till the door opens. Like pressing it multiple times won't help it come up quickly. It's like Dhoni giving Rohit Sharma chances thinking he will become a legend. That shit won't happen. Now the door opens and you get in with a few other people waiting with you, and someone thinking that he probably has an IQ higher than Albert Einstein decides to press the switch that closes the door. But there is another guy waiting for an opportunity to go to Khatron ke Khiladi decides to show his agility and stops the door from closing by putting his body on the line. So all set and done  the lift has like 30 people and is carrying 20 people more than it should. You are behind wondering how did all of your life lead up to this moment. Lift moves up like a certain Rahul Dravid playing a test innings. And you suddenly notice the mole behind the person's head who is standing in front of you. Though you find it utterly disgusting you still keep staring at it cause seriously you have nothing better to do. What's worse is suddenly a strong scent hits you. It's a mixture of 19%Axe deodrant with 40% of cheap Cologne, 30% of sweat and body odour and 11% Kamla Pasand Pan masala. And to make it all worse every one else has to get out at floors before yours. And you are stuck in that hell of a place.

So next time remember this " Chain se upar jana hai toh seedhi chadhia". Or as some great person has said  " Mitroon fucking use the stairs even when it's not an emergency." 

2 comments: